Sunday, 8 April 2012

Easter Weekend

Snagged from Google: The Peace Bridge
Every weekend should be a three-day weekend! I suppose then I'd be wishing for every weekend to be a four-day weekend. Back here, in reality, it was a great long weekend enjoyed with my bikes, my doggie friends, and some human friends too.

Linda at Railway Cafe.
Thursday night was spin class. Coach Jeff had us warm up for half an hour then sent us into a full 60 minutes of threshold training. As he said to me after class ... you basically just did a 60 minute full-on hockey shift. Mmmhmm. I felt pretty good after and even had some legs left for a ride Friday. After a doggie hike with Kate at Calgary Olympic Park (COP) and breakfast at Cadence with Petra (visiting from Victoria), I met up with three Dead Goats: Linda, Michele and Gerry for a city ride. We did about 50kms and circled the reservoir. We saw a little sun and a little snow, crossed the Peace Bridge -- Calgary's brand new and hugely-debated pedestrian/cyclist bridge -- and lunched at the Railway Cafe at Heritage Park. (See my ride on Strava.) After that some supper and a little couch time was in order.

Santé and The Red Bike at Bowmont.
Saturday I had another COP hike with Kate and the dogs to start the day, some more breakfast at Cadence (hey, why mess with a good thing?), and then I took Santé and The Red Bike -- newly operational after some TLC from its previous owner -- on a little muddy tour of Bowmont Natural Environment Park (our local-est park). The legs were a little tired so a short ride was plenty. Some errands rounded out the day.

Smiley Cyclist.
Feeling a little refreshed today, I made a plan to head out to Bragg Creek for a ride. Heather joined me at the last minute and we had a great ride on the hilly and scenic HWY 66. This is the first ride I've felt pretty strong on for a few weeks. I actually felt some power in my legs and enjoyed the up and downhills all the way to Elbow Falls and back. Highway 66 from Bragg Creek is part of Kananaskis Country. (See my ride on Strava.) After grabbing a latte and a muffin for the road, we headed back into the city and another hike at COP was in order ... Santé needs her romps too!
Riding in K-Country.

Now I'm on the couch, blogging and chillin' ... I also just finished buying my Alberta Bicycle Association (ABA) racing license online. Yep, I'm gonna do some mountain bike races this summer! Can't wait!

I hope you all had an equally fun Easter weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment