Sante says this weather is a drag.
We've been getting out to the park and I've been riding but there's nothing much remarkable to report. The riding has been cold and often I've been pelted with sleet and rain, but the legs and lungs continue to do their thing and the riding and racing in Arizona this month will be more enjoyable for the winter training. Bring on the desert single track!
I got my mountain bike back from Garry, my new mechanic. The Red Bike is overhauled and ready for another season of abuse on the trails! Lots of new parts ... so many actually that I wonder how the heck I got through the Bow 80 last year without a mechanical. She held together for me and got me to the finish line! I had it out for some hill repeats on the crappy Edworthy hill road last weekend in the sleet with a little singletrack tour before heading home. Nice.
This weekend promises more sleet and chilly temps but the rubber will roll. And rumour has it, I'll be in the new Spin Sister race kit for the riding. FedEx is delivering today. Woot! Just in time for Sarah and I to represent the club in new colours at the Whiskey Off Road.
Get outside!



No comments:
Post a Comment