Saturday, 31 May 2014

Clara's Big Ride

I've been following Olympian and Canadian all around hero, Clara Hughes, on her Big Ride since it began in March. She's ridden through sleet, rain, snow, and heat to circle the country on her bike, raising awareness for mental health -- and working to create a stigma-free Canada. A true inspiration as a winter and summer Olympian, and most importantly, a champion of this cause.

I had it in my calendar to make sure I got to see her and welcome her into Calgary. So, with Linda, Henry, and Lisa for company, I cruised over to the Canada Sports Hall of Fame over at Canada Olympic Park.

Like a true nerd, I was giddy when Clara said hi to me as she cruised in. :) Well, after I hollered "Way to go Clara!" as she rode in.

Clara saying hi to me!
Lisa and I

No comments:

Post a Comment