 |
| Photo by Sandra Gerrard |
The race I nearly made the podium at! Woot! Ha ha ... A great two-lapper at the Nordic Centre the weekend before BC Bike Race. I rode it with all I had. I made a rookie mistake in that I didn't test out my hydration bladder hose before the race. I was well into the first climb when I figured it out.
 |
| Sarah rockin' the podium! |
I stubbornly stuck it out for close to 45 minutes when I decided I wasn't going to last 25kms without any water. So I stopped to sort it out. I wound up hauling the bladder out of the pack to reattach it ... costing me 3 or 4 minutes. Oh well.
No biggie, not like I'm a contender. But ... wait! I finished the race, mulled about with the usual suspects at the finish line: Kate M, Gloria, Sarah. Then I went to get cleaned up. Hanging out a little later, Sarah says we should check out the results. Ok, sure. Really? Come on. What I forgot was the age categories. Sarah and I are in the over 40 category. So ... ok, off chance I could squeak onto the podium.
Nope! That hose fix cost me. Pam and Pam passed me a few minutes from the finish line and made the podium behind the first place Sarah! (Woot! Way to go Sarah!) Funny, I noticed them both passing me but it didn't even occur to me I should make it a race and dig deeper to stay with them for a sprint finish. Goes to show you I don't have the killer instinct. LOL!
Ah, a good day. Happy with my results. I think I was 40 some seconds off the podium! Proud of my good friend Sarah who's been training hard. She killed it at this race!
 |
| Photo by Sandra Gerrard |
 |
| Photo by Sandra Gerrard |
No comments:
Post a Comment