I wish I had taken a moment or two to snap some photos last night. Especially when we were shooing the youngster black cows off the trail. They were everywhere on Ridgeback! Video of Gloria and I talking to them would have been even better! I don't often see the cattle actually up the trails and in the forest. I don't often see black cows either. Given that we were still speeding our way back to the parking lot after darkness fell, I'm kinda surprised we didn't have any cow collisions!

It was a club ride last night but only Wendy, Gloria, and I were there to start. We picked up Gwen and Alison on the way back down. It might be time to skip the club schedule and start earlier with our regular crew to get the most of the daylight. The 7:00 start is only going to mean shorter and shorter rides.
I'll be packing my new light set for evening rides from now on; as fun as it was to ride Blair Witch-style it's probably safer if I can see the trail and trees. I did have one minor encounter with a tree I didn't think was so close. My shoulder took it hard but I didn't come off the bike ... just felt like puking for a minute. It passed. Haha.
The best part of last night is I felt awesome on the bike. A day of rest and the day on the city pathways definitely gave my body a chance to restore itself! Nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment