Saturday, 13 October 2012

A big fun day on the cross bike!

That's some bull!

I was laid up a little this week after a rough Tuesday night hockey game. Some rest and some chiropractor attention and it was back on the bike Saturday.

I haven't been feeling it on the mountain bike the last couple of rides so I put the word out that I was looking to get out on the cross bike for a nice Cochrane loop. Suz, Sarah, Michele, and Pam joined me! Great group and a perfect weather day.

We started from Cadence at 10:00 and it felt great to be zipping along on the cross bike; up the COP switchbacks and west towards Cochrane as Michele and I pieced together, from memory, the ride Craig led us on in the spring. We found the gravel road alongside the bison herd and not long after that we ran into Kate and Craig. They were turned back from a police roadblock ahead so, together, we all took an alternate route into Cochrane for a lunch stop.

First flat repair.
After some yummy food, Kate and Craig offered to show us a route home that was more fun than taking the road, and more cross-bike worthy. Pam and I were in for the adventure and the rest of the girls headed back on the 1A for a quicker return. Off we went through the beautiful Glenbow Park! Paved pathway, gravel pathway, grassy fields, rocky trails, railroad track, single track, loose dirt, gravel roads ... you name it. Four and a half flat tires and one bent derailleur later, we were back in the city on the Bowmont paths.

What an awesome day! 84kms of smiling. I can't wait to do more riding like that. Cross bikes are for so much more than races in city parks!

Get outside!

Derailleur issue ... 
In Glenbow ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment