Sunday, 21 October 2012

Brrr ... Wintery Sunday City Riding

The morning brought dry skies and dry pavement. It also brought a -10C windchill but I bundled up and pedaled over to Cadence for some breaky. The air was brisk but with some heavier booties, gloves, skull cap, and an extra jacket layer, I was in pretty good shape for a ride. I had some grub with Kate, then Michele arrived to meet me. We decided on a city ride rather than a Cochrane loop.

Kate was heading out too and we followed her through some snowy fun single track into Edworthy and to the Crowchild overpass before she headed off in search of more single track in the Bowmont direction. The trail on the cross bikes was pretty sporty in the snow. A little hiking involved but some fun rooty downhill that was a little bit of a different challenge on the cross bike. Fun though! After that Michele and I went east on the paved pathway. 

We made our way past the East Village and the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary then, eventually, to a Starbucks in Deerfoot Meadows for a warm-up coffee and sandwich. After that we were on some streets to take a quick buzz through a furniture store Michele wanted to check out before picking up the pathway again near Lindsey Park. Back through the Stampede grounds and along the river home after that. 55 city kms followed by a thaw-out shower.

A chilly day but it was still good to be pedaling! 


No comments:

Post a Comment