Sunday, 14 October 2012

Blow Street Cross Race

How do you ride 12kms in a teeny little park, you ask? You go round and round and up and around and through stuff ... 5 times. And if you're paying attention, you can punch it just before the start of the fifth lap to avoid being lapped by the winner, thus rewarding yourself with one more turn around the course! As Jeff hollered at me, "that's how you measure success when you start cross racing!" True that!

It was a great course actually. I felt like I was maxing out because I was trying hard, not just cause I was surviving climb after climb. The climbing was totally reasonable with plenty of recovery and a couple spots to get into my big ring. After the third lap I stopped dismounting for that single little black obstacle and just hammered the bike over top of it. I was just too tired of the dismounting remounting and, to my surprise, this was not hard! Woot!

My 84kms yesterday was starting to show into the third lap all around ... I had trouble getting out of my back foot pedal for dismounting and twice I painfully blew the remount after the double obstacle run through the specators. Once of those I missed the saddle entirely and wound up behind it with both feet on the ground (I think! I need a video replay) ... second try worked. Ha ha!

I finished within a minute of Sarah I think (I'm comin' for ya buddy!) ... and I was last again. Consistency! If I have one more cross race in me, it'll be Beans and Barley ... I've got a couple of weeks to chew on that!

Over and ... outside!





No comments:

Post a Comment