 |
| Festive Starbucks Litter |
I made it through the last week of work before the Christmas break! And, more importantly, survived the dwindling of the daylight ... not only did the world not end on the 21st, but the days began to get longer. The sun still sets at 4:33 today, but that's 11 seconds later than yesterday!
We are in the deep freeze here in Alberta. There haven't been many hospitable riding days for the mere mortals among cyclists. (Though it's not stopping the elite riders training for their February races.) I did get a bike commute day in on Thursday. Otherwise I've been riding inside on the trainer, at my usual Thursday night spin class and, this morning, a spin class downtown at Peleton. That was ok but I find it strange to be guessing at percentages and fussing with a dial on a spin wheel; it's much more straightforward to be aiming for heart rate zones on my own bike.
 |
| Bored with the hat. |
The Reckers finished up 2012 with a win on Tuesday against our rivals, The Fury. We had a hill to climb at one point when we were down 3-0 but we managed to get a 5-4 win. Yay!
As much as I can get my own training in inside if I have to, the Labrador needs to get outside every day. So we've been bundling up for long romps in the park. I put her jacket on her yesterday but she really just wanted to scratch it off her back so I didn't bother today. It's fun to have a young hearty dog again!
 |
| Out with Riley and Toby |
 |
| Stupid Jacket |
 |
| Recover and Rest |
No comments:
Post a Comment