Sunday, 6 January 2013

Against the wind...

Well being back at work was a little tough to get warmed up to but at least it was only a three day week. Then it was back to playing outside!

Friday afternoon I took Santé and the red bike for a great spin on the single track in Bowmont. Wow! It was perfect! It was like riding on dry white hard packed dirt! So much fun.

So fun that I decided to do the same on Saturday! I found a couple of new hills to climb. All in, I did 16kms of single track Saturday right in my hood. Nice!

Today Michele and I ventured out towards Cochrane. Th plan was to do a full loop but the 70km/hr wind gusts were a real challenge, making it hard to steer clear of icy patches on the shoulder. We had a couple of episodes of gusts nearly taking us down. We decided not to press our luck by trying the 22x with a crosswind and heavier traffic and aborted the final push into Cochrane.

Still a great ride though! The legs and lungs felt strong! And the climb up COP was a great workout uphill and into the crazy wind!













No comments:

Post a Comment