Sunday, 13 January 2013

Back to the skis ...

With several inches of fresh snow this week, the outside riding was over after the bike commute Wednesday. I know there's a portion of the cycling community that'll commute and ride through anything but I'm not that far to that side of the hard-core spectrum.

I wasn't up for a fight through the crappy-conditions traffic again after work Thursday so I gave spin class a miss. Coach Jeff reported 10 others joined me in the hooky plan. I thought about riding in the basement but the thought didn't amount to action until the next day. Martha gave me a strength workout on the trainer and that was Friday's workout. Santé got a big walk that day too but you wouldn't know it from the staring I got while on the bike in the basement.

Saturday we went for a big walk with some jacket- and bootie-clad doggie friends (Santé was all natural and didn't mind the cold at all) and then headed out to West Bragg for a ski with the last-minute company of Chris. I should have taken some photos; it was a beautiful day with the fresh snow blanketing the trees. The parking lot was overflowing but it didn't feel busy once we got going.

Today we had a rare daytime hockey game. The legs felt dead but managed to perform through the whole game. Phew. Tonight the Best of Banff Mountain Film Festival is on the schedule...







No comments:

Post a Comment