Well, the 8th day and 7th ride is tomorrow but I'm confident it'll happen. If a ride was going to fall off the schedule it would have been today's: Friday the 13th.
The weather has continued to be hot, hot, hot. Thankfully, anyone I've ridden with has been open to riding early. We've mostly been leaving the city at 7am but as early as 6am yesterday. Nice and cool to start but things heat up fast in the pine forests and out on the granite trails. I've been fortunate to find week day riding partners. Suz, Cheryl, and Michele each took days off work to ride. Becky's not working right now. Kate and Erik are on vacation. Awesome! I hope the trend continues! Other than riding I've had some fun mini golfing, shopping, visiting the Calgary Tower, and going to the rodeo for the first time ever.
Yes, I've lived in Calgary for 16 years and managed to avoid the Stampede grounds until yesterday. I was waiting for the 100th anniversary I guess. I have to admit the rodeo was pretty cool. We saw all variety of animals attempting to throw dudes off their backs. We saw the RCMP Musical Ride, barrel racing, calf roping (I didn't so much like this), and ... um ... steer wrestling is it called? At any rate, it was a great show. The scorching hot midway was also enjoyable, with ice cream ...
 |
| Becky and Suz resting. Pneuma. |
 |
| Sante watching Suz climb |
 |
| Cooling off! |
 |
| Sante and I going up Pneuma |
 |
| Cheryl deciding whether to ride the corner root. |
 |
| Me on Powderface/Prairie Link |
 |
| Me. Hot. |
 |
| Erik climbing Prairie Link |
 |
| RCMP Musical Ride @ Stampede |
 |
| Calgary's old tallest building and the new one. |
 |
| Levitating at the top of the Calgary Tower. |
No comments:
Post a Comment