 |
| Made it! |
With Doug and the boys in town, I haven't been on the mountain bike since Friday. I did get that pathway ride Sunday to spin the legs out but the legs were a little uncooperative tonight. Or more like my whole body. I wasn't feeling it tonight at any rate. It's probably a good thing I forgot my heart rate monitor strap so I couldn't see the data. But onwards...
We climbed up Pneuma to Race of Spades. Fourth time lucky! No missed trails, no massive storms ... dry clear trail. We left the parking lot with 8 riders but I couldn't keep pace with some of the experienced riders so I hung back, hoping to keep the dogs with me -- though Toby kept trying to run with the fast riders. Go figure ...
 |
| Just showing what we DIDN'T ride. |
|
Gloria, Wendy, and Suz hung back too, and once we got to the downhill Gloria led us through some of the tricky bits. The top of the trail is above my skill level ... Gloria says it's in the worst shape she's seen it. I found it to be steep with super loose scree and some deeper crevasses through the hard, dry, trail base. I walked most of that section. ... and a few more steep, loose sections. I think about 85% of the downhill track was fun and the rest I managed off the bike just fine. I got caught on the bike on one scree section and surfed the bike safely down the hill ... at least now I know how it's done. Maybe I'll get comfortable with it one day!
I think everybody had a crash tonight in our little group. Suz went down on Race of Spades after catching her handlebar on a tree. I went down on Pneuma before the power station. I have no idea what happened but I managed a nice rolling somersault on some soft pine needle ground. That was pretty entertaining. We didn't get back to the house til after 10pm. Dogs got a wipe down but the dirty bike will have to wait til morning to get its bath. Bedtime!
Earlier in the day Doug and the boys and I went to Chinook mall to see Batman at the IMAX theatre. Nice rainy afternoon activity! Check out the photo of the note Matthew left for Sante outside his room yesterday morning. Lucky dog!
 |
| Fun at the Lego store. |
 |
| Livin' on the edge. |
 |
| Mmmm... dog cookie. |
No comments:
Post a Comment