Sunday, 6 May 2012

Abridged Weekend

A weekend really flies by when all you've got is Sunday. I spent Saturday in Day Two of my Advanced Learning Design workshop and then flew home from Denver. It's always good to come home! I spent today catching up with Sante, Toby (Toby's with us while Kate's racing in Portugal) and Heather for a while this morning ... we had some quality time over coffee and at the park for a long romp. (Thanks for minding the pack and the house while I was gone Heather!) Then it was time to finally get on my bike for the first time in a week! I've been feeling pretty lazy and gross after the bad weather and travel kept me off the bike last week.


Happy to be home with my buddies!
Since Calgary suffered a soggy Saturday with snow and rain, I planned a road ride rather than a mountain bike ride on muddy wet trails. I climbed the COP switchbacks and did a short tour along Spring Bank Road before coming back down the hill and doing some of the river pathway. I've got a full week of commuting on the bike and Spin Sister mountain bike and road rides this week, so I didn't want to put in a huge day in the saddle today. It was just as well anyway, because after that I really only had time to get some groceries, make some dinner, and head out the door to Bow Cycle for my bike maintenance clinic! I learned about limit screws and made a happy adjustment to my rear low limit screw. This fixed a problem I was having with my chain skipping off the big cog. Yup!

No comments:

Post a Comment