Inspire a world where no woman fears rocks or drops, by bringing women of all abilities together for super duper wicked riding in an environment of camaraderie and support whilst building leaders, and being a positive force in the community.
Cool eh? And it's true. There were 60 or more women there today. 50 learners, plus 10 or more instructors and assistants split into seven groups. We owned Bowness Park today! The morning consisted of basic skills in a nice soft grassy field. In the afternoon we hit the single track in Bowmont. I heard one guy say, as we passed him, "Is there a race on today?" Ha ha! Nope, just our bike gang. Look out!
We basically rode some trails and stopped at anything that challenged us so we could talk about how to tackle the situation and then we'd practice it a few times. I am master of nothing but I had some successes to celebrate personally today, I faced some fears, and I really learned a lot. Plus it's a great feeling being with a bunch of women as excited to improve as I am. Let's face it, this is a male dominated sport and it's pretty great to feel the girl power sometimes. I met lots of great ladies with great spirit and I smiled all day long under a glorious warm sun. (Did ya notice in the photos how green it's getting around here?! Yay!)
The morning was off trail.
Analyzing the loose, rocky, steep down.
Practicing some climbing.
Another of the 7 SS groups is up the hill behind us.
No comments:
Post a Comment