Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Club Rides Begin

Doggies get to romp too; they get to enjoy the park before I go ride.

The weather's been great this week! Right up until this evening, just prior to ride time. Ah well, it's good to practice keeping the rubber down in slick conditions. :)

First club ride. Fish Creek ... sunny and warm.
Wildlife on the trail... and a deer.
Tuesday was the first Spin Sisters ride of the season. I haven't ridden Fish Creek Park before. It was a sunny warm shirt-sleeves-and-shorts evening and I enjoyed the trails there. Lots of practice on roots and some steep, fast, fun downs and a few climbs. 17 girls showed up so we split into two groups.

Tonight's ride had a split too, but not on purpose. It turns out that we (two ride leaders and three newbies, including me -- 3-4 others left because of the rain) were at the wrong parking lot at Nosehill. I was wondering where the heck Cheryl was! Turns out a bunch of girls were up the road at the 64th Ave parking lot, which is where I meant to go, and where I thought I was. I feel there's irony in the fact that I couldn't find my bike GPS for tonight's ride. Hmmm... at least I wasn't the only one in the wrong spot! We just thought 20ish other people jammed because of the nasty weather. I'm happy to report a larger, equally hearty, group rode too. Oddly, we never ran into them on the trails. I was happy with the small group as it happened ... Erika and Gwenyth were great ride leaders and they offered up some great tips. Learn. Learn. Learn.
Soaked through.
Wind, rain and hail from the right.

Nosehill is nice and close to my place so I was soon home and into some warm, dry jammies, and the company of a couple of warm puppies who seem happy to have me home. Well it's off to bed ... I see the temperature is now 3C. I'm going to go out on a limb and bank on snow overnight. Ah, springtime in Canada!

Get outside! Don't wait for perfect weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment